This is entirely for the benefit of Andy Sturdevant. I once commented on the fact that I’ve never seen this in the UK, and only seen it in relation to America, or American culture (e.g. Woody Allen, Fake Americana inspired Photobooths), even though it’s from Sheffield. It’s on Pulp’s Different Class album, and that was about it.
This therefore asked the question of why I’ve rarely seen it in the UK, in comparison to its much used brother Cooper Black. Then, after a couple of months of paying attention, I found these four in Brighton (where I live), two of which are where I work.
Andy, sorry for stealing an obsession, but I hope this contributes to the Windsor defense fund.
1. On the postcard wall, Sticky Mike’s Frog Bar, 9-12 Middle Street
2. The Izzy Store (There are two of these, both with Windsor.) 2 Queens Road
3. The Hard Working Cobbler (And I suppose he is), 1 Castle Square
4. One of our Ale pumps. There’s also a small plaque at the front but my camera is rubbish. Sticky Mike’s Frog Bar, 9-12 Middle Street.
12 Notes/ Hide
- loscheiner likes this
- marginalgloss likes this
- acreage likes this
- missloribeth likes this
- mightyflynn likes this
- louise-louise likes this
- sarahwrotethat likes this
- booksarebetterthanboys likes this
- southtwelfth reblogged this from nataliekane and added:
- ecantwell likes this
- southtwelfth likes this
- nataliekane posted this